Quartus2 V4.1 SP1

I got a mail that SP1 of the Quartus2 V4.1 was available for download. After a few unsuccesfull login attempts, partly due to the overloaded server partly due to me not knowing the login parameters, my motivation to download the 120MB or so vanished. Anyone knows whether the paying users get this update on CD mailed home ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Hi Rene,

I know a CD is available if requested. I wil forward this to the person responsible for this so that he can get you the CD.

Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

I've just downloaded it without any problems.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Is there anything much new in SP1? Full programming support for a Max II and a Stratix II device is all very well if you are using these devices, but if not, is there anything much changed? I'll no doubt download it sometime, but I'm just wondering how urgent it is.

Reply to
David Brown

but

sometime,

There seems to be lots of new stuff, here are the headings: a.. New Device Support b.. EDA Tool Support c.. Optimization Advisors d.. In-System Memory Content Editor e.. Technology Map Viewer f.. Version-Compatible Database Files g.. Stratix II Physical Synthesis Optimization h.. Copy Project Feature i.. ISP CLAMP State Editor j.. SOF Manager in SignalTap II Logic Analyzer k.. Importing & Exporting Assignments in CSV Format l.. Chip Editor m.. Messages Window n.. The Quartus II Tutorial o.. MegaCore IP Library p.. Nios II Embedded Processor q.. Logic Options r.. I/O Standards s.. Megafunctions

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

II

That sounds a bit more reasonable for a 120 MB download !

However, I too keep getting "server too busy" errors. I can't understand why Altera is so obsessed with using https and getting personal details of everyone downloading these things - it's a service pack, useless to anyone who doesn't already have licensed Altera software. It should be a straight ftp download, which would avoid such irritations.

Reply to
David Brown

Oh, thanks a lot, Subroto,

In order to get the CD I could have mailed my favourite Altera dealer straight away. The purpose was more to let off some steam about the process involved. I'm having a valid license with dongle, that should be sufficient, no ? But thanks for prefetching the delivery, this is appreciated.

Rene

Subroto Datta wrote:

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar