Quartus II 6.0 available

Quartus II 6.0 is now available, I downloaded the Web Edition
yesterday. I'm on the Altera mailing list but I don't remember seeing
any notification of the new version. It worked OK when I tried it on a
couple of small projects.

Leon

Re: Quartus II 6.0 available

Only the linux version missing then ;)

Re: Quartus II 6.0 available

Altera should talk to Codeweavers. There are only few things that keep
Quartus from running flawless with wine, mostly sentinel and jtagserver
related. With these odds weeded out, altera could perhaps drop WindU for
their Unix releases too...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Quartus II 6.0 available

My take is that this is a marketing decision
to charge extra (float license) for linux support.

Making the dongle work in linux is not a
very challenging technical problem for Altera.

       -- Mike Treseler

Re: Quartus II 6.0 available
On a sunny day (10 May 2006 03:37:42 -0700) it happened "Leon"

I did get an email announcing it.