Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links

Quartus II software version 3.0 is now available on the PC, Solaris,
Red Hat Linux, and HP-UX operating systems. Customer CD shipments will
be made from July 11 - July 21. The Web Edition is available for
download now.

Learn about the new features in Quartus II version 3.0 at
<http://www.altera.com/products/software/pld/products/q2/whats_new/qts-whatsnew.jsp

For general Quartus II software information visit
<http://www.altera.com/products/software/pld/products/q2/qts-index.html

To download the free Quartus II Web Edition software for PCs visit
<http://www.altera.com/products/software/pld/products/quartus2/sof-quarwebmain.html

- Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links
why altera doesn't provid QuartusII Web Edition for Linux?

<http://www.altera.com/products/software/pld/products/q2/whats_new/qts-whats
new.jsp>
<http://www.altera.com/products/software/pld/products/quartus2/sof-quarwebma
in.html>

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links
Hi Leon,

I wouldn't mind either, but they are licensing the GUI libraries from
another company and they have to pay a substantial sum of money per copy of
Quartus [whatever edition] running at a customer, so they won't be giving a
Linux GUI for free.

Once the documentation for it is out you may want to learn about Quartus
scripting, and then start asking for free Linux Web Edition command-line
tools. At least those do not share this third-party stuff.

Best regards,

Ben

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links

Windows9x is no more supported?

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links
Quartus II 2.2 SP2  is the last version that supports Windows 98.

- Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links
Hi Valeria,

Nope. Then again, if you're doing any serious development, W98 is not really
the right platform.

Best regards,

Ben

Re: Quartus II 3.0 Release & Web Edition Download Links

I always find it amusing when people say that older software and
hardware are not for "serious" development anymore.  Sure there are
better systems and software out now, but five year old software and
computer hardware do not lose any capabilities.  Unlike mechanical
devices which wear out and degrade with time, computers run just as well
10 years later as they did the day they were new.  I used my last PC
with Windows 95 for five years.  The real reason I gave it up was
because vendors dropped support for 95.

Windows 98 is a stable platform and requires less hardware support to
make it function well.  As long as you can get the software you want and
it is still supported on your platform, why upgrade?  Win98 still works
just as well as it did when it came out in 1999, in fact, better!

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com