Quartus ByteBlaster in Active Serial Programming mode not working

Hey folks

I have an Elektor FPGA project board (with an Altera EP1C12k and a EPCS4).

My board is working nicely, but I'm having an issue with Quartus, where I can't program the serial eeprom using the active serial mode.

Quartus objects to this on the grounds that "Current programming hardware does not support Active Serial Programming programming mode".

I set up the Quartus programming tool to upload the .pof file, and it got the right serial eeprom from the file. Everything goes just fine until I hit the "Start" button, when the above error pops up.

Any idea what gives? I've tried resetting the parallel port in the BIOS (Classic, ECP and Bidirectional modes). I've installed the ByteBlaster driver, and Quartus thinks I have a ByteBlasterMV, not a ByteBlasterII. Is this relevant?

I had exactly the same error with Quartus 5.1sp2 and 6.0.

Mark Murray

you need ByteBlaster II that supports the AS mode, i think I was the first who made the hardware changes public to convert and ByteBlaster to BB 2 but I dont have the reference any more

its fairly simple change though

Antti

Reply to
Antti

I'm not using a real ByteBlaster, its the Elektor equivalent, and it has got an AS mode. Its circuit is close to the Altera one in their user guide, and it has the extra feedback bits that the BBII has.

I suspect something to do with the parallel port because I get the error whether the "ByteBlaster" is connected or not.

FWIW, JTAG mode works just fine.

Mark Murray

HI Anybody have idea about gate level simulation? i am working on AMBH AHB Gate level simulation.when i am runing gates simultion for ahb some of the signals are showing unknown(xxx), high impence(zzz) state? then cheked for paritculer drivers for particuler signal(the signal which gives zz state) also. those are same driving as rtl.no difference in drivers. when i ran rtl simulation for ahb its showing correct results i mean(data). when comes to gates its givng such a states. if u have any idea pls give me suggestion? waiting for reply bye

Thanks in advance

Mark Murray wrote:

Reply to
venkatec