Quality of timing simulation

Hello newsgroup users,

I have made a timing simulation for my SRAM-Controller and an external asynchronous SRAM.

I have used the FPGA Cyclone timing output file for my SRAM-Controller and the extra timing file for the SRAM model. Both components have been instantiated in a testbench.

How reliable are such simulations? Where do come problems along with that kind of simulations ? Is it recommendable to simulate that way when connecting some synchronous design with some asynchronous component?

I would appreciate your help or your field report about your timing simulation.

Thanks a lot.

Rgds

Reply to
ALuPin