Q: configuring FPGA Spartan2

Hy! I would like to make board with Spartan2 (exactly XC2S50-5PQ208), and that FPGA must be configured in master serial mode using serial EPROM, exactly M25P10. Does anybody know how to use serial EPROM M25P10 for configuring my FPGA without using microcontroller or CPLD?? Problem is when I cleared configuration memory in FPGA, and configuration pins are set in master serial mode, is there any way how to explain to FPGA from which address in PROM, FPGA must start reading configuration memory??

Thanks Ivan Koprivnic

Reply to
kopriva

I've noticed that your posts here always seem to show a time a few hours ahead of when I am reading them. I checked the source in the post and your time zone is set to -7 hours, which is west coast US (Microsoft HQ). I am pretty sure you told me you are in Europe somewhere. I guess your time zone needs to be set to your local time?

I belive the same is true for Mike Harding... :)

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.

rickman

I thought Mike was somewhere here in Australia which should be +10 UTC (For Sydney / NSW and Vic)

According to whois on graphord.com or openchip.org Antti is in Clausthal-Zellerfeld , Lower Saxony

You forget how much info a whois search gives.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

I wasn't talking about where he was (except I was pretty sure it was not Redmond WA). I am talking about having his time zone set wrong... I notice you have yours set right. :)

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.

rickman

my

FPGA

NO WAY!

only Altera Cyclone I/II, Stratix-II and Lattice EC can load itself from

25P10 style memories without the use of microcontroller or PLD.

Antti

configuration from MMC card, uses 21 PLD cells !:)

Reply to
Antti Lukats