Protecting IP in China

Sorry to bring up this old topic again.

Does anybody know how easy/hard it is to enforce IP Laws in Taiwan ? Technically they are still part of China. But how does reality look like ? Anybody has any experience with IP Protection/enforcement in Taiwan ?

Horror/success stories ?

Thanks, rudi ============================================================= Rudolf Usselmann, ASICS World Services,

Your Partner for IP Cores, Design, Verification and Synthesis

Reply to
Rudolf Usselmann

No stories. The highly in awe regarded Philosopher Kung Ze (Confuzius over here) said 2000 years ago : "To become master, copy the master". This is deeply etched inside every chinese. Learn by copying ! Give them another century while awaiting the pope to advertize condoms against AIDS.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Technically Taiwan is not part of China, only the CP of mainland China & KMT of Taiwan insists this, the people of Taiwan don't believe it and even fear it.

Their laws are already pretty close to US if not a direct copies. Umm. Even the street signs are either UK or US copies umm, I'm always amused when I see those UK signs to describe the smallest irrelevant street features. Alot of what makes Taiwan modern though comes from the Japanese colonial days.

Still I would take the usual protections, at least you are free to go and check and resolve it legally. I doubt you could do that in PRC.

johnjakson at usa dot com

Reply to
JJ

I found the folloing article to be enlightening when I was thinking about this issue:

I find the PDF version a bt easier to read than the online version. The link is at the bottom of the page.

Philip

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin