Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

Hi all,
I have managed to get the Xilinx command line tools running on linux
under wine, however last night while trying to program my device I hit
a bit of a wall. After reading the archives of this group, I see that
that the iMPACT tool won't run under linux.

I have a home made parallel III cable and am trying to program an
XC9536 CPLD.

How are other people doing this?

Thanks so much for any help/advice you can provide,
regards,
James Fitzsimons

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux
xilinx has released the native linux version.

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

Could you give me a link?

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux
http://www.xilinx.com/ise/marketing/new.htm

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it looks like this isn't available in the
WebPack version for at least another month. Anyone got any other
suggestions until then?

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux
wait,wait,wait

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

The ISE 6.1i WebPACK will be release at the end of September, but will
not include Linux support.
ISE BaseX, Alliance and Foundation do include native Linux, but only
support the Multilinx cable
until the 6.2i release in February.

Use a Windows machine for download.

Steve

Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux
: Hi all,
: I have managed to get the Xilinx command line tools running on linux
: under wine, however last night while trying to program my device I hit
: a bit of a wall. After reading the archives of this group, I see that
: that the iMPACT tool won't run under linux.

: I have a home made parallel III cable and am trying to program an
: XC9536 CPLD.

: How are other people doing this?

NAXJP
http://www.nahitech.com/nahitafu/naxjp/naxjp-e.html

can help.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Programming Xilinx CPLD under linux

We wrote a SVF player for our Chameleon POD. We have ported this SVF
Player on Linux two weeks ago, and it works well.
(SVF Player is a script placed in our Chameleon Programmer software
www.amontec.com/chameleon.shtml)
I need to check with my Team if we can play with XC9536 CPLD.

So, if you really need a Linux solution, we can have a SVF solution.
Contact me directly for more on this issue.

Larry
www.amontec.com

Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
--  See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----

Site Timeline