programming devices using other tools

Hi, I want to know if anybody has never programmed fpga or proms not using Impact or Quartus programmer but other (third party) tools. If yes, how ? which are the file formats to use? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
antonio bergnoli

"antonio bergnoli" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43cb5fd1$2 snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org...

lots of people do that.

most of the info is available, sometimes it needed to reverse engineer SVF or BSDL files to complement the public information

there are different formats that can be used depending on device targetted

--
Antti Lukats
http://www.xilant.com

For PROMs I generally make Intel Hex files (.mcs) although the programmer we use from BP can take many different file formats. I only use this for programming parts off-board. For in-system programming you generally need a file format that works with your embedded software. For Xilinx bitstreams I generally prepare a "Hex" format file which is just a stream of hex characters with no header or other information (just the bits, ma'am). This I usually convert to a binary file for use by the embedded system (to reduce file size.

Antti Lukats wrote:

Reply to
Gabor

does anybody use opwenwince jtag for this pourpose?

Gabor ha scritto:

Reply to
antonio bergnoli