Programming an EPC1 conf.Dev. from Altera

Hello, How can i program a configuration Device (EPC1PC8) for my Altera EP1K30 FPGA? It is not in system programmable. I´m using for coniguring the FPGA a ByteblasterMV-Cable. Now I´m looking for a method to program the EPC1. I have found some information in the web, that there is a adapter available to programm the EPC1. Is there any description available?, Schematic?.

Thanks.

Reply to
Michael Werner

=20

able=20

Did you have a look at AN116 from Altera. Configuring APEX20k, Flex10k & Flex6k Devices. Eventhough this application notes also applies to the ACEX family, Altera didn't find the need to include it in the title of the application note.

There are plenty of notes for different setups with schematic and everything.

Rene

--=20 Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar -

& commercial newsgroups -

Rene Tschaggelar

available

You will need some kind of device programmer that supports EPC1 device.As an alternative, you can use ATMEL FPGA configuration devices, which are MUCH cheaper and are ISP. The ISP software is free and you can build ISP programming adapter for nothing. All relevant datasheets and software are downloadable from ATMEL site (

) I'm using them with various ALTERA devices and everything works flawlessly. Only be careful - there are 2 types - XILINX,ATMEL compatible and ALTERA compatible (A suffix) !

regards

Dejan

Reply to
Dejan Durdenic

Rene Tschaggelar wrote in news:402f86d2$0$715 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunrise.ch:

Yes, i have.

The acex works very fine , but my problem is , i want to program the epc1pc Chip. It don´t support in system programming. I have to programm it "stand alone" i have only a byteblasterMV and the Software says (MaxPlus) that the hardware does not support this device. I found a schematic to modify the Byteblaster MV, so that the software thinks it is an BB2. When this works, how do i connect the epc1 to the byteblaster?

sorry for my bad english

Michael Werner

Reply to
Michael Werner

"Dejan Durdenic" wrote in news:c0o0t0$r1j$ snipped-for-privacy@ls219.htnet.hr:

Yes, i´ve seen them, but i can buy only 100 pieces at one time, and i need only 6.

Wich Programmer do i need for the altera devices?

Michael Werner

Reply to
Michael Werner

=20

I used the bigger brother, the EPC2 together with an 1k30. The EPC2 can be programmed with the ByteblasterMV.

Ah, there is a new configuration handbook to be downloaded. Yes. chapter 6, page 6-18 shows that it works with EPC2 or EPC1. So they appear to be compatible. Then further page 6-34. However, when I did the ACEX1k30 design, I was told to use the EPC2. So there is a chance it may not work.

Rene

--=20 Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar -

& commercial newsgroups -

Rene Tschaggelar

Well, there are several that support EPC1 - Xeltek SuperPro Z

), for example...(about 250 US$)

regards Dejan

Reply to
Dejan Durdenic