programmation with IMPACT with one PROM and two FPGAs

Hello,

I use IMPACT to program two FPGAs via a PROM. The PROM is xc18v04 and the FPGAs are xc2S300E-6. Here is the organization of the connections (as on p. 12 of the DS026 document, datasheet of the PROM): Vref and GND pins of the parallel IV cable are connected to 3.3V and ground. TCK and TMS pins of the cable are connected with the PROM and the FPGAs. TDI pin is connected with the PROM. TD0 pin of the PROM is connected with TDI pin of the first FPGA (M2M1M0 =3D 000). TDO pin of the first FPGA is connected with TDI pin of the second FPGA (M2M1M0 =3D 111). TDO pin of the second FPGA is connected with the TDO pin of the parallel IV cable. I build the chain in the PROM formatter (file mode in IMPACT). PROM file generation is successfull. Then I go to device mode, serial mode. The connection to the cable is successfull. If I do not use the wizard, I can only add the .bit files of the FPGAs. If I use the wizard, I can add the mcs file created with the PROM formatter. In both cases, when I try to "program" I get the following error message "DONE pin did not go low". We checked the activity on TCK clock and we only see a down pulse of about 600=B5s. Could you tell me what I have to do in IMPACT to generate the necessary signals to the cable?

Thank you,

Marie

Reply to
Marie