Problems installing ISE 6.2 under Linux

Hi, I'm trying to install the ISE 6.2 update under Linux. My current version is 6.1 with no updates, straight from the CDs.

I get the following message : "Xilinx Service Pack 6.2.01i Setup cannot be installed over Xilinx install versions older than 6.2i."

Since I have 6.1, this shouldn't happen.

I found the following in the answer database :

1&getPagePath=18151

but it doesn't really help as it should be already fixed and, besides, the $$XILINX variable seems to be set ok.

I tried the obvious things mentioned in other answers like killing the wind processes and deleting .windu*, to no avail.

I'm stuck, can anyone help ? Maybe I need to install other 6.1 updates before 6.2?

Thanks,

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Sharp

I installed 6.1.03 without problems, but 6.2 still refused to install giving the same message as before.

Arthur Sharp

You need to install ISE 6.2 first before you can install the service pack 1.

HTH, Jim snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Jim Wu

Thanks, you must be right : I assumed that 6.2 was just an update for 6.1. I need to install the CDs first and then the service pack.

Arthur

  1. >
Reply to
Arthur Sharp