Problem with Modelsim Lisence server...

Hi guys, Here i have a problem with my Modelsim lisence server.I have 2 lisences for modelsim in my office. But many a times if someone dont close the modelsim properly or dont release the lisence (by command quit -sim), lisence stays active even if he is not working.So most of the time i am not able to use 2 linces. So being a Windows 2000 server we had to restart it again and agian atleast once everyday, two kill those process and regain the 2 lisences.

Is there any way or any script that can help me to do this without restarting the lisence server. I know its easier to handle in Linux or Unix severs, by just killing the process. But how will i do the same without restarting the windows 2000 server. Is there any java or any other script for that.

Regards.. Debashish Hota

Reply to
Debashish

  1. Learn the lmstat command to find out who is holding licenses, and train them to close the gui.
  2. Learn to use command line execution: vcom -c and vsim -c. vcom (command line) does not require a license. Bringing up the gui with vsim.exe holds a licenses for the whole session, even if you are just editing and compiling.

Running a text testbench with vsim -c only holds the license during a sim and then relinquishes it.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Thank you Mike i have downloaded the FLEXLM enduser guide.This solved all my problems.I am using lmstat -a and lmremove

Reply to
Debashish

Hi,

Use "lmremove" command with the license admin privileges. To recognize that the process is dead, there are unix ways and I am not aware of windows ways.

I suggest wrap your modelsim command with a shell script that takes care of these issues.

Regards,

- Prasanna

Reply to
Prasanna