Problem with JBits 3.0 Tutorial

Hi Folks,

I have been working my way through the tutorial that is supplied with the JBits 3.0 SDK, and have encounter the following problem when running the TracerExample.java (\src\com\xilinx\demo\tracer\TracerExample.java)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.xilinx.JBits.Virtex2.Wire.exists(Wire.java:130) at com.xilinx.JBits.Virtex2.Pin.(Pin.java:86) at com.xilinx.demo.tracer.TracerExample.main(TracerExample.java:48)

Which seems to point to the following ........... /* set the JBits object in the Wire class */ Wire.setJBits(jbits); /* Get the lookup instance */ Lookup lookup = Lookup.getLookup(); /* Instantiate a RouteTracer */ RouteTracer tracer = new RouteTracer(lookup);

/* Trace CLB(0,0,XQ0) and print out the net */ Pin src = new Pin(Pin.CLB, 0, 0, Wire.XQ0);

Reply to
phoenix3051

This problem was caused because the "tileWireExists.serial" file wasn't accessible on my classpath. Adding the variable to my classpath fixed it. (note that the jar file must be unzipped)

Reply to
phoenix3051