problem with ALtera CPLD

Hello I'm nev on this group and have following problem. I need to program EPM7064SLC44 using JTAG cable (ByteBlasterII) and Quartus

4.1 and it doesn't work Auto detection does not work either. When i connect EPM7128SLC84 all works, so cable and software is OK. I tried different chips (EPM7064SLC44 ones with different speed grades) and all don't work. i connected scope and TDI,TMS and TCK signals seems to be ok, but there is no TDO signal... Does anybody had similar problem? maybe there is something wrong with quartus? I used altera 7000 series chips and never had any problems (but never used 7064 one) Thanks for response Regards Greg
Reply to
greg

I've not had any problems with the EPM7064BTC44-7 using Quartus and my own version of the ByteBlaster.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

You have the required pullups and pulldowns ?

1k up for TMS, TDI and TDO and 1k down for TCK. Plus there is whealth of pins that require a fixed connection. Documented in the *.RPT file as ASCII.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Yes, i have all pullups and pulldowns, all signal except TDO look good, i mean levels. All grounds and supplies are also OK. Anyway instead of solving problem, i will change logic family to MAX3000A, which better suits my needs (3.3V)

Reply to
Grzegorz Kasprowicz

i just tried with another programmer - ByteBlasterMV and Max+PlusII and problem is exactly the same..it works with all the chips except EPM7064SLC44 i gave up with it and ordered EPM3064A, but it would be goot to know what is going on. any idea? regards Greg

------------------------------ Grzegorz Kasprowicz, AB Department, CERN, CH-1211 Geneva 23 office: 37 R-004, phone: +41 22 76 72584, fax: +41 22 76 78200 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@cern.ch

Reply to
Grzegorz Kasprowicz

I also found in at least one case that re-soldering or re-heating the pins was of help in case of self soldered prototype.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar