Problem for xilinx!!!

hi....Please help me for a programmer xilinx XC9536XL (parallel LPT

When i starter to program, it stopped on

"Error:IMPACT 583 :the idcode read from the device does not match th

idcode in the bsdl

:(

Help me thanks a lot....

Reply to
damidar

If this is your first time with the board & there are many '1's with IDcode, try thinking about signal integrity issue or board problems...

Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin

Depending on which software you are using there was an error in 5.3i related to Error code 583. I would try going to the Xilinx website and searching for "IMPACT 583".

dbrown

Reply to
David Brown

Hello,

I think I already had a similar problem with a XC9536! The ID Code was wrong! I was using a long LPT cable! I suspected a Signal Integrity problem and put a capacitor to slow down the edges! The ID code was read successfully and the device was also programmed successfully. To do a quick test, use an oscilloscope probe to load the lines. I don't remember in what line was. Try all four.

Hope this helps Bruno

"damidar" escreveu na mensagem news:MfidnZJr6fJ5nzLfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
Bruno

Two possible causes.

  1. You are not using the latest version of the Impact tool. When Xilinx updates the FAB process to various chips, it will sometimes render older versions of Impact incompatiable. If you haven't purchased the latest version of ISE, try the Webpack version of Impact from their website.

  1. The parallel 3 cable is prone to noise. Check all your connections an try moving the cable away from any noise sources.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail-dot-it.no-spam.invalid (damidar) wrote in news:MfidnZJr6fJ5nzLfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Evan Samuel

Thanks I have made as you have said... unfortunately nothing... no work.... :( :(

I have installed the last version of impact.....is the same... :cry:

:oops

Reply to
damidar

This is the "catch-all" error for impact when the JTAG loop doesn't work. I've seen this problem when there was a break in the TDI to TDO chain, especially when the break was in TDI at the programming connector of the board to be programmed.

If your chain first shows up (parts correctly identified) and then won't respond to any programming commands I would look at the TDI line to the first device in the chain.

Also check that all devices in the chain have core and I/O power and that PROGB and INITB lines are high (for FPGA's).

No version of impact will work if the chain is improperly connected.

Good Luck, Gabor

damidar wrote:

Reply to
Gabor

now I will try to make i

thanks too gabo

Reply to
damidar

Unfortunately xilinx dont't work :(

I'm using last versione webpack (impact) 7.1

A question: but what's idcode? and where is idcode for xc9536x

Thanks agai

Reply to
damidar

The IDCODE is part of the jtag interface. You load an idcode instruction in the jtag instruction register and the part will connect it's idcode register into the jtag data register chain. The s/w will then switch to shift the data register out and can get a mfg., device, and revision number from it.

If you have non-xilinx devices in your chain, make sure you're driving their TRST/ (async tap reset) pin inactive.

Also it's been my experience in the past with impact that you should just do the most straightforward path to programming your parts - define the chain, set the config file and program. Using any other 'features' of impact is likely to get it confused.

Reply to
AMDyer

Help me please.....It's the same.....ever...... :oops:

ERROR: iMPACT:583 - '1': The idcode read from the device does no

match the idcode in the bsdl File

INFO:iMPACT:1578 - '1': Device IDCODE :

0100100101100000001000001001001

INFO:iMPACT:1579 - '1': Expected IDCODE:

0000100101100000001000001001001

'1': Check to make sure if version '0100' is supported

PROGRESS_END - End Operation

Elapsed time = 1 sec

Thanks a lot........

Reply to
damidar

HELP ME HELP ME....

THANKS :

Reply to
damidar

Netiquette:

  1. Do not use triple-exclamation marks
  2. Do not blindly assume it's a "problem for Xilinx" when it looks more like a "problem for damidar"
  3. Follow the helpful hints
  4. Realize that this is the July 4 long weekend in the US. Most people do something more relaxing than reading the newsgroup.
  5. Wait till Tuesday... Peter Alfke
Reply to
Peter Alfke

Netiquette

mor

peopl

What????? :shock:

....I've resolved...

Regards.....

Reply to
damidar

English as a second language is ok. I sympathize for obvious reasons. But please do not tease us with cryptic weird statements. The less you know a certain language, the more explicit you should be. Stick to basic sentences... And ration the exclamation marks and question marks... Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke