prob regarding Bitgen failed while gen prog file xilinx ise 7.1i

i have got a problem while i am generating bit file using xilinx ise

7.1i for spartan 3E device i am getting warining as

warning: Bitgen:26 - bitgen only supports DRC on this device. Error: bitgen failed Reason: Process "Generate Programming File" did not complete.

i am using xilinx webpack what the cause of the problem for this warning as a result i am unable to generate the bit file which is used for downloading to the kit.

what kind of possible mistakes may result this kind of errors. or else i need to update the software IP downloads ..........

give me some sort of suggestion................... if at all to update bitgen how can i proceed since i am beginner i need some guidence

thanks and regards, srik

Reply to
ekavirsrikanth

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem with ISE 7.1 and the Spartan 3e starte kit. anyone have any ideas?

Malik

Reply to
Laserbeak43

the service pack fixes it.