ProAsic-plus PLL

I'm about to use an APA1000 with Actels implementation of dual port RAMs. These require the use of the PLL to create a X2 clock.

My input clock is 33MHz, but this goes to another FPGA as well, and the skew between the two chips must be kept to a minimum. So, will the PLL output of 66MHz have its rising edges coincident with the edges of the 33MHz clock?

Anyone had experience of using these PLLs, good or bad.

Regards, Niv.

Reply to
Niv (KP)

never tried one - but the datasheet shows reasonable ability to control skew by controlling timing in the feedback path - and there are several appnotes pointed to in the body of the datasheet

Reply to
mikeandmax