Primitve 3D Graphics Library

I was wondering if anybody knew of any 3D graphics libraries (written in VHDL or Verilog). I came across Manticore but it looks like the developers are going in a different direction. I also came across a couple of other small projects but they looked to be very implementation dependant (one time demo).

I'm looking for something that supports triangles (or some other primitives) with materials and light sources (would be nice). Or am I wishing for too much?

Thanks, Derek Simmons

Reply to
Derek Simmons

It's done in Handel-C, not VHDL/Verilog, but the Celoxica folks have a very pretty real-time 3D rendered demo that they take around to the various FPGA / reconfigurable computing conferences. Texture maps, lighting, bump mapping and all that sort of thing.

Might be worth getting in touch with them to find out more. Perhaps if you get a Handel-C license and/or a Celoxica board they would be willing to share...

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Williams