PowerPC_EDK to ISE

I am trying to import a PowerPC design from EDK 7.1 to ISE 7.1 Project Navigator. While the design is working just fine when I download it from EDK, when I am trying to synthesize it in ISE and then download it to the FPGA nothing happens. It seems like the processor has no code to execute. In Project Navigator I generate the bitstream first and then I am updating the bitstream with processor data, just as the manual of the EDK mentions. Has anyone else the same problem?

Reply to
Vangelis

Vangelis schrieb:

Navigator. While the design is working just fine when I download it from EDK, when I am trying to synthesize it in ISE and then download it to the FPGA nothing happens. It seems like the processor has no code to execute. In Project Navigator I generate the bitstream first and then I am updating the bitstream with processor data, just as the manual of the EDK mentions. Has anyone else the same problem?

you may not like the answer but

1) DO NOT try to use import-export from EDK 2) use only latest major release, eg 8.1 but 8.2 preffered 1 create ISE project 2 add the XMP file 3 click "update bitstream with processor data" from ISE

and you get it all initialized and working

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Navigator. While the design is working just fine when I download it from EDK, when I am trying to synthesize it in ISE and then download it to the FPGA nothing happens. It seems like the processor has no code to execute. In Project Navigator I generate the bitstream first and then I am updating the bitstream with processor data, just as the manual of the EDK mentions. Has anyone else the same problem?

It is most likely that the problem is in the .bmm file. the ISE 7.1 places it in a wrong position, it should be related to your top module. Also make sure that the path to the memories inside the .bmm file is correct. I hope it helps.. Mordehay.

Reply to
Moti Cohen

The problem that I had is mentioned in the answer ##22205 in the Answer Record Database. I did what the answer says and I solved my problem. Thanks for the answers anyway!

Reply to
Vangelis