PowerPC_DDR

I am trying to interface a PowerPC in a Virtex-II Pro device with an external DDR memory on the board. I am using the following fucntions to read an write to the memory:

//write num. 300 to position 0 in //the DDR XGpio_mSetDataReg(0, 1, 300); //read position 0 in the DDR = ReadFromGPInput(0);

I have enabled burst mode, but these two functions take significan time to write and read the DDR. Are there any other functions which I can use in order to speed up the process?

Reply to
Vangelis