powering spartan IIe

Hi, I'm building a simple board with Spartan IIE ( XC2S100E), and wondering is it OK to derive power for VCCINT (1.8V) and VCCO (3.3V) from something simple, such as LM317. I know it can source enough current during start-up, but I'm not sure about voltage ramp, power sequencing etc. Any hints are welcome. Thanks in advance, Goran

Reply to
Goran

Goran,

If you place a 470uF, 680uF or a 1000 uF on the output of the LM317, you should have enough stored charge to start up the Spartyan IIE.

Check out the app notes 450 and 451 which detail start up tricks.

Aust> Hi,

Reply to
Austin Lesea