post translate and post PAR problems with XST and Modelsim

I am trying to do a Virtex4 design, I have completed the post synthesis (XST) simulations in Modelsim - everything appears fine. When I run the PAR and simulate the generated model. I get all zeros on the output. None of the registers in the desing appear to be loading. I have specified the timing constraints for the period of the clock (only that constraint). Is there something I may be forgetting to do? My desing is runnig at 125Mhz.

Thanks

Reply to
alleynb

The post P&R simulation model contains a GSR (global set/reset) signal which defaults to 100 nS assertion after power-on and overrides all other logic set/reset functions. If your stimulation relies on logic to be function before this 100 nS period is over, you can have problems. If you don't want to change your stimulus it is possible to driver the GSR signal yourself to reduce the pulse width.

HTH, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor