Pointers for sending data using ethernet connection from V2Pro

Hi all, I am using a Xilinx V2Pro7 FF672 board. I want to send some data values using an ethernet card.(no Power PC, only logic fabric) Can someone suggest where to start from?? Thanks, Vivek

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Symon

Asfair, 10Base-T use 3.3V..

Reply to
pbdelete

Thanks for all the pointers. I have a couple of questions/doubts: The Verilog implementation for the Ethernet connection is too good. However, what is the standard practice?? I have two options:

  1. Implement the Ethernet module(fpgas4fun) and connect it as another I/O module to my design block and send the data to the buffers which in turn will be transmitted over the ethernet to the host PC.
  2. Use the PowerPC which will send the data to the host PC through the ethernet module. This means tweaking the web server design that comes with the P160 comm3 module and then instantiating the system.xmp as a VHDL module in ISE. I presume that the module would have a valid 8-bit port that will accept the data from my design block and transmit it over the ethernet to the host PC.

I would like to know which option is better. Has anyone done it this way. Any suggestions??

Thanks, Vivek

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Hi, I am trying to design and implement an interface or application that will allow me to send data to the host PC through Ethernet cable. For this purpose, I am using the P-160 communications module-3 that includes a SMSC 91C11 Ethernet controller. The sample design that came with Avnet design does not compile and synthesize for EDK 7.1. I know that the PowerPC is a good option for interfacing to the Ethernet controller, but I am not aware of the steps to do so on my own. I am more familiar with the ISE design flow and would prefer such an implementation.

Can some> Thanks for all the pointers. I have a couple of questions/doubts:

Reply to
Vivek Menon