playxsvf file501b

Hi,

I have just recently updated to ISE7.1. I used to be able to use playxsvf file just fine, but now when I use it, it doesn't work anymore. If I use it after the computer boot up, it said playxsvf501b has encountered an error and need to be closed. If I use IMPACT to find the cable, then disconnect cable, then use playxsvf502b, TCLK alternates every line and TDI and TDO changes. But it doesn't run infitely, it stops after 15 seconds. If it can't find the cable, it would run an infinitle loop according to one of the APPS notes that I read, but this time it stops after about 15 seconds, and go back to the command prompt. Has anyone run into the same problem or successfully use this utility???

Thanks, AL

Reply to
AL

I am sorry, it does go into an infinite loop if you try to play an xsvf file that will program the chip. If you play an xsvf file that only read back IDCODE, it goes into that loop for about 3 seconds, then says SUCCESS-Completed XSVF execution, Execution Time - 0.280 seconds.

Reply to
AL