playing test SVF files for Spartan-3 Starter Board (using iMPACT ? or a test software?)

Hi all,

I'd like to use my SVF files to test the board; I'm trying to use iMPACT, but it seems that under iMPACT, SVF can only be run to program devices and not to test it. What to do? The other possibility could be to use a test software to run my SVF files but no one seems to be compliant with the Xilinx Platform Cable ( I don't have any parallel port on my PC, that's why I can't use the Xilinx parallel cable III or IV).

I'm looking forward to your help, because I'm reaching an impasse.

Thanks in advance, Florent

Reply to
florent.peyrard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

just play back the test SVF files with impact whats wrong with that?

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Antti a =E9crit : I must be silly.. how do you do that, please?

Reply to
florent.peyrard

I mean: in my case "Operations>Execute XSVF/SVF" remains grey. what do I do wrong?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a =E9crit :

(
Reply to
florent.peyrard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

1 double click "Boundary scan" 2 right click, select "xilinx device", select SVF file 3 right click on the svf file icon, select "execute.."

this will execute any valid SVF file.

ready, how easy must it be then?

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Thanks Antti,

i found what is my problem: of course I knew what you just wrote, but the problem was that my SVF wasn't valid: I created it by myself (following the pattern of the ones produces by iMPACT) but the right way to follow seems to be:

1)create the file with iMPACT 2)then edit it and add one's instructions.

Anyway, I don't why, but if it works....

Florent

Antti a =E9crit :

Reply to
florent.peyrard

what do you think is wrong in this SVF file?:

TRST OFF; ENDIR IDLE; ENDDR IDLE; STATE RESET; STATE IDLE; TIR 0 ; HIR 0 ; TDR 0 ; HDR 0 ; //header: prom en bypass

HIR 8 TDI (ff) SMASK (ff); HDR 1 TDI (00) SMASK (01);

//trailer: aucun circuit avant le fpga dans la chaine

TIR 0; TDR 0; //On charge le fpga avec l'instruction sample SIR 6 TDI (01) SMASK (3f);

//test: M0 =E0 0 ?

SDR 299 TDI(0) TD0(0) MASK(0400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000=

000000);

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a =E9crit :

do

Reply to