Placing FF's Relative to RAMB4s (xilinx)

My design places the FF in front of a RAMB4 on a VirtexE strangely. I have a macro and I place all the RAMB4's (6 in total, 2 in each macro) on one column by using for example LOC=RAMB4_R0C2:RAMB4_R7C2. Now I can not find an easy one to place close to their RAMs without specifying for each macro separately. I want to place the FF's in front of the data and address inputs as close as possible (delay wise) to these RAMB4's. Is there an easy way to do this?

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll

This is fixed for Virtex-II(Pro) and Spartan-3 (see

) but you're probably locked in to doing the flop and RAM placement manually for Virtex-E. I've gone down this path myself.

Look forward to using the new parts!

Reply to
John_H