PLA datasheet - PLS161

Hi all,

I am looking for the datasheet of the PLS161 which was a PLA. My interest in it is purely academic. I am teaching a high level digital electronics course and would like my students to see a datasheet of a PLA before progressing to CPLD and FPGA's

I would be very grateful if someone could give me the datasheet of this device or a similar PLA.

Many thanks

Regards

Joseph A. Zammit Malta

Reply to
Joseph

Try the PLC42VA12 ? Quite clear drawings, and a descendent of the PLS161

and this simpler sibling ?

Those two, should give a reasonable stepping stone sequence.

The CoolRunner still has aspects of PLA (able to share product terms) but the data sheets are not as well drawn.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I'll add a bit more:

For current production devices, look at Atmel who have SPLD and CPLD.

A good CPLD Macrocell drawing is here:

Atmel tool flows are small and nimble, and can fit on a USB Flash Drive.

So, if you wanted, students could actually compile something, or you could set some homework to have them change some aspect of an example design.

The FIT report files are very readable, so they hand those in, and you mark that.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville