picoblaze C compiler download wanted

I was hoping to download Francesco Poderico's Picoblaze C compiler today, but unfortunately his domain is expired. Google didn't turn up any other sites from which I can download it; does anyone know of such a location, or would anyone be willing to make it available online or send me a copy? (Provided that doing so doesn't violate any license terms.)

Thanks! Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Shouldn't this be something Xilinx should sponser ? Seems a shame a tool like this vanishes, for want of a liltte infrastructure ?

Or, I suppose Lattice could be interested in a Mico8 variant of this compiler, as they are quite similar cores, and Lattice are proven open-source friendly ?

-jg.

Reply to
-jg

Are you sure you want to use that compiler? Last time I checked it didn't seem very usefull (no optimisations at all). You're probably better of writing your program in assembly language.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Google is your friend.

HTH, Syms

Reply to
Symon

For nearly 30 years there have been various C compilers for small micro's, ever since Ron Cain knocked off the Small-C compiler for the

8080 with a little help from me (a free SRI International PDP-11 unix account as long as the compiler was public domain). These compilers do not need to be perfect, or even great, just correct, to quickly knock off projects that would take weeks in assembler. For most, careful coding will get your project 95% of the way toward good/excellent performance, with a small amount of asm functions and tweeking at the end to meet timing goals.

For a tiny PB PLD project, it might not be practical ... for a larger PB Spartan project, it might be the only quick prototyping choice that makes sense, from early concept to production.

Reply to
fpga_toys

I wanted to give it a try for use writing quick-and-dirty test programs. It's probably fine for that.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Thanks! Google definitely is my friend, but somehow I didn't spot that one in the search results.

Reply to
Eric Smith

We're talking about the picoblaze here....the program space isn't large enough for ANYTHING to take weeks to write.... if it takes more than two hours to run out of program memory, you type too slow!

Reply to
Paul

Test and debug in a HLL on another platform is frequently a LOT faster than steping PB thru a simulator debugging your asm.

ditto for long term maintainability by a broader spectrum of engineers.

Reply to
fpga_toys

Hi, I'm Francesco Poderico. I'm trying to move my domain from my old provider to a newone (cheap) Don't know why ... but this operation seems impossible because my hosting has expired before I ask to transfer my domain???

So if you need any help/latest version of the compiler please contact me at francesco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com If in one week time from today (26/4/2007) I still did not manage ro transfer my domain then I will create a new domain.

Regards, Francesco

Reply to
Francesco

not exactly the same question : is there a picoblaze assembler for linux ? wine & kcpsm3 fails with recent versions...

Reply to
rponsard

Francesco - who's the new provider you're moving too. I'd like to compare them with a couple of others.

Hul

Francesco wrote:

Reply to
dr

Once a domain is actually expired, you have to renew it with the original registrar before you can transfer to a new registrar.

And after you renew it, I think you have to wait a while (30 days?

90 days?) before you can transfer it. I'm not sure why.

The transfer will involve renewing it for an additional year.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Eric, I will create a new webdomain this week end. I will post in this forum the name of the domain

Reply to
Francesco

Any thoughts about merging this work with

to leverage maintainence and provide cross device protability for libraries, applications, and tools?

Reply to
fpga_toys