Picoblaze C Compiler

Hi all, On

you can download the free C compiler for Picoblaze version 1.7.7 In the next 2 months the optimizer should be ready and the code generated will be shorter. I' wish to design the debugger too. Any help and suggestions is welcome.

Francesco

Reply to
Francesco
Stephen Williams

There's no pleasing some people....

Reply to
Mike Harrison

so wonderful site !!!!!!

Reply to
bluetooth with FPGA

Looks impressive.

Have you also looked at the quite similar ( but open sourced ) Lattice Mico8,

and also the PacoBlaze ?

In the examples section, you could add the output files, with the source, so users can easily see the code generated ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Yes, binary only for windows!

Reply to
Francesco

Yes I had a look at Lattice Mico8, but to be honest at work I use only Xilinx...

I think Pacoblaze is compatible with picoblaze, so you can use the compiler with pacoblaze in any FPGA.

OK I will do.

Does anybody know how to read/write the BRAM using the JTAG? I need this to design the debugger....

Thanks all you. Francesco

Reply to
Francesco

FWIR, when I looked at them both, the Mico8 lacked the Return with Flag option, and the Mico8 looked to have an easier way to extend the JMP/CALL, to allow larger code. [which will matter to C users :) ]

- ie when doing a compiler, look at allowing different call sizes, as legal/error, and some simple means to modify the opcode generation to match that detail of the core.

I think there are some (optional) extensions in PacoBlaze, that could make sense to support in a compiler.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your effort,

Take a look at the following article for accessing jtag port in a user design.

Best regards, Alper YILDIRIM

Reply to
electro

Thank you electro.