Physical Compiler Vs Design Complier

Can anyone pointout the practical differences? I am now synthesising a design with TSMC 13u library with Design Compiler? What difference in results can I expect if I use physical Compiler.

thanks whizkid

Reply to
whizkid

If you provide a floorplan to Physical compiler, it will estimate the loading of nets according to actual placement of cells instead of statistical wireload models. This generally results in faster maximum speeds of the final design.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Verbeure