Performing floating point in VHDL

Hi, I am using Modelsim 6.0a .. I need to perform floating point operations in VHDL (multiplication and addition)..But the IEEE library that I use in Modelsim 6.0 doesnt have the support ..So I need to create a library and use ..i could get the floating point package files from

but I dont know how to create a library from these files and start using this library ..Can anyone help me in this ..Thanks in advance

Reply to
Parag

Easiest way is to compile the files you need into your work directory:

vcom some_lib.vhd

and try them out:

use work.some_lib.all;

-- Mike Treseler