PCIe: use 8*x1 PHY devices to form x8

Hi all, We are about to implement a PCIe x8 core but don't want to make it on Virtex-4 FX devices, so the PHY layer should be realized by external chips. So the question is: is it possible to use 8 external x1 PHY devices (for example Philips PX1011A or TI XIO1100) to form a x8 PHY?

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

GaLaKtIkUs=99 schrieb:

at least PLDA fully supports PCIe 8 lane by using 2 times quad PCIe PHYs

Antti

Antti

Hi Everybody,

I want to take this opportunity to let you know about the x8 PCI Express solution from Altera. To try and put things into perspective, Altera is trying to enable customers be successful by offering complete PCI Express solutions. For x8 PCI Express applications the solution consists of:

Stratix II GX FPGA (The FPGA is shipping now) The x8 IP Core (The IP core is a released product now) Altera PCI Express Development Kit, Stratix II GX Edition

The PCI Express Development board (with the Stratix II GX FPGA), included in kit mentioned above, with the up to x8 IP core was taken to the PCI SIG and it passed 100% of the interop and 100% of the mandatory Gold tests. The kit is open for orders right now and should be shipping to our customers in the next 3-4 weeks. Please feel free to contact the Altera Sales representatives/FAEs in your region if you want to see a demo of the x8 solution immediately (before we start shipping it in the next coming weeks) or if you have any other questions on this PCI Express solution.

Here are a few links that I think might be useful to you:

tml

Regards, Aashish

Antti wrote:

Reply to