PCI Mezzanine Card with Xilinx Virtex-II

Hi

I would like to use the following evaluation board to run my implementation:

My intention was to use Chipscope in combination with JTAG to download the bitstream to the FPGA and then use Chipscope to analyse whats going on in the chip. Unfortunately the documentation for this card doesnt not say a lot how this can be accomplished.

It says that there is a External JTAG connector and it supports Chipscope but I couldnt find any information how this can be done, for instance what additional hardware do I need to connect to the JTAG interface. Anyone made an experience with such a card and could give me some hints?

Many thanks, Philipp

Reply to
Philipp

The (better) VMETRO equivalent has the standard .1" header on the PMC and you connect your xilinx cable directly to it. I can't see an equivalent on the photo. JTAG is routed to the PMC connector and you might be at the mercy of the motherboard.

Have you tried phoning them?

Colin

Reply to
colin

I emailed them two days ago, but no answer so far. Still waiting for answer, dont know where this JTAG signal is going to.

Reply to
Philipp

Okay, just discovered the external JTAG Connector on the board. I just wonder where I could get a suitable parallel or USB cable for that. The pins are as follows:

1) Vcc 2) GND 3) - 4)TCK 5) - 6)TDO 7)TDI 8) 9)TMS

Unfortunately I cant make one myself ;) Thanks

Reply to
Philipp

Hi,

You may also want to consider a Nallatech board as another option. There is a standard JTAG header on their boards which is easy to access. I've used Chipscope quite successfully on a few of their boards -

Craig

Reply to
cmoore

Standard warning: If that card directly connects the PCI bus to the Virtex II, you will need to get the FPGA configured before the BIOS probes the card. That's going to be a challenge if you do it manually.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to