PCI Express user group

I know there is a PCI-Express newsgroup but there are very few posts of any relevance to PCI Express itself.

Is there another newsgroup more dedicated to the workings of PCI Express?

I have the following question: What happens when a mal formed packet is received? The transmitter CC will be incremented but the CL (which is the CA received from the receiver) will not be incremented such that the apparent size of the available space in the receive buffer will decrease with no mechanism to correct itself. Am I correct?

Reply to
Fred

What does CC, CL and CA stand for?

I'm familiar with PCI Express but not these acronyms.

Reply to
TC

Some literature use the following

CC = Credits Consumed CL = Credit Limit CA = Credits Allocated

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Fred

If the receiver can not determine which FC information to update then it must not update the FC information. Otherwise updating of the FC information is optional when a receiver receives a malformed TLP. So depending on what the receiving device does, or how malformed the packet is, your scenario could certainly play out.

But the receiving device will send an ERR_FATAL message to the root complex

Colin

Reply to
Colin Hankins

Reply to