pci express pinout

Would anyone here know the history of pin B3 on the pci express connector?

The latest PCISIG document shows it as +12V with no change bar associated with it. However I have found reference designs with it labelled as reserved. I can put a zero ohm link on it for development but sooner or later I have to work out what is compatible with all motherboards out there.

regards

Colin

Reply to
colin

The 1.0 electromechanical spec (from April 2003) shows it as reserved; it was changed in the 1.1 spec (March 2005) to +12V. None of the other reserved pins were changed. I would just connect it directly to your other +12V pins.

Evan

Reply to
Evan Lavelle

Evan

Many thanks for this info. I allways feel silly asking this sort of question but I could only find version 2.0 on the PCISIG website.

Regards

Colin

Reply to
colin

I haven't tried this with PCI-e, but for PCI I found a complete copy of several versions by googling for the exact title (in quotes) along with filetype:pdf to restrict the results.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Reply to