PCI core with expansion ROM support

Good day, I'm working now with Spartan3 PCI project using the pci32tlite core. But it doesn't support expansion ROM (onboard BIOS) from scratch. Where can I find free PCI IP-core which support expansion ROM. Or maybe someone has experience with adding support of expansion ROM to some of opencores.org PCI core...

Big thanks for any help!

best wishes, Anatol fpga[at]i.ua

fpgaiua

Small question: is the pci core from opencores works fine?

Reply to
scrts

We used it in an Ethernet NIC project a long time ago and it worked well. Unfortunately it had severe performance issues with repeated burst reads and writes. The problem was that the FIFO:s in the PCI bridge didn't implement any sort of high watermark/low watermark system. So as soon as the FIFO was full you could only fill the FIFO with a transaction that was one word long. At this point the performance of the system could not be recovered if the injection rate did not decrease significantly.

More information about our experiences can be found here: i

regards /Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Ehliar

There are, several PCI cores on Opencores. The one used in the Ethernet NIC project is "PCI Bridge", and the core used by Anatol is "pci32tlite". The last one, is thought for simple PCI peripherals. It's small and without FIFO.

was

peio