PCI Card with FPGA

Hi, I am looking for a PCI card with an FPGA on it with reasonable capacity of gates (15 million gates). I need to use this board as a hardware accelerator in a PC environment. My exact requirements for the PCI card are:

  1. should have a PCI controller/ bridge on it so that I dont have to put PCI core on the FPGA.
  2. the FPGA should be configurable through PCI (that means the programming pins of the FPGA should be routed to the PCI).
  3. seperate IO and data bus are preferred from/to the FPGA.

I will be using this hardware accelerator for speeding up DSP algorithms. The application running on windows will have several such DSP bitstreams and the user will be selecting the DSP bitstreams and downloading it on the FPGA through PCI. Data will be pumped into the FPGA through PCI using the data bus for processing while the status and command operations will be managed through the IO pins. Once the processing is done, the data will be read back by the application using the same data bus.

ANYONE KNOWS ANY SUCH BOARD FULFILLING MY REQUIREMENTS?

Boards I have explored are:

  1. PCIS3BASE from cesys.com (supports only data bus)
  2. PCI Proto Board from techniprise.com (smaller FPGA)

regards Fahan

Reply to
sheikh.m.farhan

Try

-Clark

Reply to
cpope

Possibly not quite what you want but worth considering is our Broaddown4. It would need a FPGA programmed to support PCI-E (do you want conventional PCI) but it can support up to 3 more FPGAs that can be dynamically reprogrammed from the first FPGA.

For convenional PCI our Broaddown2(Spartan-3) can act as a front end with a Swinyard1 module fitted to give anything up to a single Virtex-4 LX160 or SX55.

Info on all these products here

John Adair Enterpo> Hi,

Reply to
John Adair

Hi Clark, the link does not seem to be working..........

Thanks Farhan

cp> Try

sheikh.m.farhan

Sorry, try

capacity

card

and

using

Reply to
cpope

You can try:

Quesito

has a board with a Virtex5 on board!!!

Reply to
Quesito

Try:

Xilinx:

(Virtex-5)
(Virtex-4)
(Virtex-4 -- can have SX55)

Altera:

I'm not certain what you mean by '15 million gates' The largest FPGA that is shipping today is the V5 LX330, and it is, at most, 2 million ASIC gates. And the LX330 isn't really 'shipping'.

Reply to
mike_la_jolla

Mike, You'll never get a job in FPGA marketing. Everyone who has knows that every single bit of dual port memory is approximately 10.23756 gates. And furthermore, as soon as you put anything in inverted commas, it becomes 'true'. By which I mean 'false'. 'HTH', Syms

Reply to
Symon

As a side note on the gate count, you might want to see what Austin Lesea posted today, "gate"=??? (if you have not already)

Reply to
davide