pci bridge fpga card

I have an AMIRIX board ap1070 . There is a pci bridge (POWERSPAN II ) from TUNDRA on the board which provides the interface communication between the fpga and the pci card. The AMIRIX has given me the source code of the drivers in linux but on windows they have just givenme a exe file which opens a gui application to read and write into the fpga. I have made some changes to the design to provide the ability to write bulk data into the fpga bram. The design works fine with windows but then I donw havee source code and hence cannot do any modifications on the host side. Where as in Linux whenever I run the driver program the system hangs. I dont know why such a thing happens. Is there any good reference material or standard for initializing the pci bridges? Right now I am going through the application note of powerspan II since I suspect that in windowsthe pci bridge registers get programmed properly in windows and in linux they dont.

Thanks, D In windows however

Reply to
ni