PC configuration for best Xilinx ISE performance

Hello,

I want to buy a new PC and I will use it mainly for Xilinx ISE. What is the best configuration? Does Xilinx ISE support Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 processors?

Regards.

Reply to
Frai

Get a cpu with as much as possible L1 and secondarly L2 cache. Lot's of ordinary DRAM helps too ofcourse.

What I've read SMP doesn't make any huge difference. (Maybe one could produce some makefile that splits the process in parallell pieces?)

Reply to
pbdelete

If you are using xilinx ise modelsim and Impact(programming the fpga).make sure u have plenty of RAM ~1GB.

Reply to
aravind