Partial Reconfiguration : 2 reconfig modules

I'm trying to make a project with 2 reconfig modules. I am using LUT's inside each module to create constant values (I need those to feed the BUS MACRO), but instead of using the signal I created to feed the bm's, the tool (PAR?) creates several "Global_Logic1"'s, and worse, some come from beyond the module frontier! Of course, when reconfiguration takes place, it stops working. Anyone ever had a problem like this? Is there a way to stop it from creating all those signals and just use the ones I tell it to use? Help!!! Thanks. =)

Reply to
Daniel Camozzato

Update on the problem: somewhere the LUTs are removed from the project. Any VCC sites I instantiate are removed too. The LUT's and VCC's can be found inside the .edf, but not later (.pcf). Someone? A hint?

Reply to
Daniel Camozzato

Hello Daniel,

it sounds like you forgot to lock the LUT with the LOCK_PINS constraint in the ucf file. Without that NgdBuild or the Mapper replaces your LUT with its 'own' global logic.

Christian

Reply to
Christian Haase

Hello Christian, Thanks a lot for your help, as you suspected my problem was the missing constraint. Do you know of any constraints for the VCC primitive? I used the "LOC" constraint, but it issues me this warning: "WARNING:MapLib - Property LOC on VCC_clk_dll not supported for simple gates - ignoring."

Reply to
Daniel Camozzato

Hello Daniel,

I'm sorry, I dont know how to constraint VCC sites, either. If you do partial reconfiguration Xilinx Answer Record 17622 maybe interesting for you. Xilinx discourages from using VCC sites to drive constants.

Regards Christian

Reply to
Christian Haase