Part of our daily prayers

My son and I say prayers together each night before he goes to bed.
Part of our daily prayers is the Lord's Prayer.  This is the way we
say it each night:

    Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
    Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread,
    And forgive us our trespasses,
==> AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,
    for Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory, forever.
    Amen.

-----
It is already in a Christian's heart to forgive those who rise up
against them, and especially so when they rise up against a person
because they are teaching about Jesus Christ.

In our sinful state we are expected to hate the message of God,
because He testifies against our sin.  But the message of God is
not given for those who won't be saved, but only for those who
will be saved.

This removes a huge burden from the Christian's walk.  We're not
responsible for converting people, but only for our obedience to
God in teaching the message accurately.  And we have been taught
in scripture, and by life examples we've all encountered, that
non-believers will rise up and attack and harm and attempt to
discredit, and wreak havoc, and more, anyone who tries to bring
people the message of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Nonetheless, the message goes forth because it is the Lord's
guidance for us to teach.  It is up to Him to bring forth the
increase, and to change people from within.  We are simply obedient
to His call for us to go forth and teach, and to obey and live His
guidance personally, as best we're able.

If you can hear His call within your heart, listen to Him.  He is
reaching out to save your soul from death, and to give you eternal
life.  Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for your days of sorrow
are ended.

--
Rick C. Hodgin

Re: Part of our daily prayers

I was looking to see if I could distinguish the "fake" Rick C. Hodgin from
the "real" Rick C. Hodgin and I realized I didn't need to.  I can filter
them both with one spam filter.

--

Rick C

Re: Part of our daily prayers
????? 2017 - 5:59:34 ?.?. UTC+1, ? ?
??????? rickman ?????
??:

This is the best post in comp.arch.fpga since a long time.

I kind of have a sweet spot for the "real" Rick (the one with the cross-sha
ped avatar) so I would not filter him out.

He probably gets into flow while watching Preacher. Total zendom.