Parallel Cable III is not detected

Hi,

Xilinx iMPACT is not detecting my parallel cable III when I am trying to download projects to the board. My board is Spartan-3.

I am using Windows XP and My ISE Version is 6.3 Please tell me what do i do? The error messages are:

----------- Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 6.0.3.0. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 6.0.3.0. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 6.0.3.0. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 6.0.3.0. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 6.0.3.0. Cable connection failed. Cable connection failed. Cable connection failed. Cable connection failed. Cable connection failed.

-----------

Thanks in advance. Regards, Prateek Singhal

Reply to
singhal.prateek

Hi! I'm using the ISE 7.1 but I hope to be useful to you. We I have the same problem, I start iMPACT and setup manually the cable configuration. Choose the menu Output --> Cable Setup... and check manually the configuration mode, the port and etc.. I also save the configuration.

Reply to
erikdm

I'm using ISE 7.1 and, we I have problem like you, I check manually the cable configuration in iMPACT. Start iMPACT, choose the menu Output ->

Cable Setup... and check correctly the Communication Mode, Port, Cable Location... and try again! Then I also save the configuration to prevent to do the same manual configuration again!!

Reply to
erikdm

Hi, Unfortunately, I can't even do that manually. My port (LPT1) doesn't come in the list of the ports. The list is empty in fact. Any ideas what could be wrong? Any checklists for me to double check?

Reply to
Prateek Singhal

Hi,

Are you sure you connected the cable at the LPT1 port. The LPT1 should be in the list when you start the iMPACT ouput cable setup. When you select Parallel Cable only port you can select is LPT1 port. Also you need to initialize entire boundary scan chain otherwise you would not be able to program the device if intialize partial chain.

Reply to
nshrestha

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com napisa³(a):

[...]

Maybe, you have computer with LPT port disabled, look at BIOS setup, and be sure that your system (Win XP in Control Panel) see this port.

good luck.

Jerzy Gbur

Reply to
Jerzy Gbur

Great !! The problem was actually trivial. It was exactly what you said. All the ports were disabled in the BIOS configuration. Thanks a lot.

:)

Prateek S> snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com napisa=B3(a):

Reply to
Prateek Singhal