overloading ' operators in VHDL

Hello,

I know that it is possible to overload operators like 'and', 'or', '+',... by using a function with the name "and", "or", "+",... . Is it also possible to overload the attribute operators like: 'high, 'left, 'low, ..? Is it possible to create your own attributes?

best regards, Karel

Reply to
Dolphin

I doubt it - I don't think the ' is an operator as such..

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Yes, it is possible to create new ones and possibly to overload existin ones, but probably not worth it. The attributes are added to the databas and used by software tools that process it, for instance physica implementation tools. Various of these come with a set of tool-specifi attributes that you can use as directives. Not sure whether simulator will do useful things with user-defined attributes...

Reply to
RCIngham