Original (5V) Xilinx Spartan ? - Page 3

Re: Original (5V) Xilinx Spartan ?
Peter,

My understanding was that those pictures were of Xilinx parts.  Of course if
you sample them at a low enough rate, it looks like an unpredictable delay
even if it is not.

--Ray Andraka, P.E.
Re: Original (5V) Xilinx Spartan ? ( Philip ? )

Can Philip Freidin clarify these photos ?
ie devices (date codes & process?) under test,
and clock / data conditions to stimulate the
failures, and appx failure rates observed ?

-jg

From Philip's excellent FAQ:

Re: Original (5V) Xilinx Spartan ?
I talked with Phil, and he mentioned that his metastability tests that
generated the figures showing some oscillation were actually done with
Xilinx XC4000 devices. So I stand corrected. If this type of behavior
still exists in Virtex ( and I do not have Phil's sophisticated trigger
set-up ), then I might have underreported the delay by up to a factor of
2. This should not be a real problem, since we are really talking about
much larger orders of magnitude, like millions and billions of years.
But yes, I was wrong in claiming that CMOS latches cannot oscillate for
one period...
Eating humble pie,
Peter Alfke

Re: Original (5V) Xilinx Spartan ?

I think that Farnell stocks them at a reasonable price, for small
quantities.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
leon snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Also, does anyone know who they sell their dies to - Rochester?

Andrew