Orcad schematic and footprint libraries for Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA's

Does anybody know where I can download/source Orcad Capture (schematic ) and Layout ( footprints ) library parts for Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA's, particularly XC3S400 in PQ208 package from the net? I'd prefer a freebie source but am will to use a 3rd party vendor other than Cadence.

Thanks for any leads/advice.

-pnc

Reply to
pnc

Symon

Yep, this is the simplest technique (that I know of). The "ctrl-insert" trick is undocumented by Cadence/Orcad, but it works (in Version 9.XX, at least). You can whip-out a symbol for even the big packages (FF1152 is my largest, so far) in under an hour.

I believe that Altera offers a free service to create any schematic symbol for any device and for any schematic capture package. Xilinx should do the same for us dedicated, and semi-honest, Xilinx customers.

:-|

Bob

ORCAD.htm

Reply to
Bob

Symon & Bob,

Thank you gentlemen for the link and part creation estimate. Seems well worth spending an hour or two to try this out. I wish Xilinx had posted this on their online support database, but I guess that may take revenue away from some of their parasitic EDA vendors/collaborators.

-PNC

Reply to
pnc

A pcb designer told me that in the "What's new" of Orcad 10.3 says that now it supports part generation from Xilinx ISE 6.2i files.

I cannot try now, I have still no access to that release.

"pnc" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Antonio Pasini

Check the following answer record