Opinion on Altium's nVisage VHDL tools?

Hi,

I am looking for a reasonably priced front-end toolset for VHDL multi-vendor FPGA design. This should as a minimum provide:

  • VHDL design entry (text based and high level graphical)
  • Functional simulation (testbenches with file I/O)
  • Post-synthesis and timing (post-PAR) simulation.

For this I am considering ActiveHDL, but since we also do a lot of hardware design using the Protel schematic and PCB tools, the new nVisage DXP version with integrated VHDL front-end tools looks interesting. As anybody used these tools in nVisage or DXP and has any opinion on their maturity, features and quality?

Thanks! Niki

Reply to
Niki Steenkamp