opensource vs commercial

Hi, I've one basic doubt. If suppose I use opensource processor like leon/openrisc am I reducing my BOM as processor is concerned, compared to powerPC/microblaze/NIOS. If suppose I make huge quantities of them in ASIC (with my own logic added) may I be able to comedown below the cost of FPGA with some hardcored processor + my defined logic. Prakash

Reply to
prakash.na