Open source Xilinx JTAG programmer with Digilent USB support

I've written a Xilinx JTAG programmer. It runs on Win32 and Linux

Following cables are supported:

Parallel III Digilent USB (on Linux it needs libusb, Win32 needs the original driver from digilent, utilizes full USB transfer speed!)

Following chips are implemented: Spartan-3 Family XCF Family Virtex-II Pro family

If it seems people are interested I'll clean up the code and put it up on sourceforge.net. The most interesting part is the Digilent USB driver. It could be used in other applications too :)

Reply to
fpgakid

Yes - definitely interested!

Eric

Reply to
Eric Brombaugh

Could it support the FTDI-2232?

Peter Wallace

Reply to
Peter C. Wallace

Is is related to XC3Sprogs? The sourceforge site of xc3sprog has seen some traffic now. Perhasp some things could be shared?

How did you derive the Virtex-II Pro family programming algorithms?

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

I would be interested in this. Would the Digilent driver be open source? Is it freely distributed? I looked for info on this at the Digilent site and I did not find any.

Reply to
rickman

rickman schrieb:

digilent has adept SDK so you can use their cables using their DLL. you cant however access them direclty.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Peter C. Wallace ha scritto:

If you need support for FTDI-2232 i wrote a porting for Jamplayer. I think you can use it with Xilinx devices. You can find it here

Matteo

Reply to
vit.matteo

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Would you like a proto FTDI2232-JTAG card?

(USB --> JTAG + PIO 1.6 to 5V (or 1.2 to 3.3V) JTAG signals EJTAG pinout)

Peter Wallace

Reply to
Peter Wallace

I'd be interested. Is the code available? I've been having some problems with xc3sprog - specifically getting it to program a Spartan 3 1500 - so I'd like to give your program a try.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson