Open-Source VHDL Synthesis for FPSLIC?

Hi All,

I've been doing some development work over the past year or so on the Atmel FPSLIC platform. I've run out of time on the license for the Mentor software that came with the dev kit, and am wondering if there are any open-source projects that can handle VHDL design for the FPSLIC. I've looked at Slipway, and that looks promising for the backend, but as far as I can tell it only supports Icarus Verilog entry? Porting my design to Verilog isn't something I'd like to do, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Jonathan Krauss

-- Low:SNR Engineering

LowSNR

The choices I see are change platforms or buy a license.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

If the dev kit is less expensive than the Mentor license, you could buy another dev kit.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Hi LowSNR,

Sorry about the month-late reply...

Unfortunately at this point the slipway/abits combination isn't really ready to replace Atmel's tools. And, given their total apathy towards the chip and positive developments elsewhere, this may continue to be the case indefinitely.

I should mention, however, that they recently published a new version of their software suite, and I think they switched synthesis tool vendors. You might be able to cajole another demo license out of them...

- a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380
Reply to